Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] a gotcha with upgrade to 6.5.2a

2008-10-15 18:06:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] a gotcha with upgrade to 6.5.2a
From: "Kelly B Harris" <kbharris AT uab DOT edu>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 16:51:39 -0500

Whoever decides to upgrade to 6.5.2a on Solaris 10 master server there is a bug.   Seems the software is not backwards compatible with the other versions.    When we tried restores of cluster Windows media servers we got an Error 5 server name not found and the restore died immediately.   It seems the software doesn’t know the media servers netbackup version number in the logs on the master. The media servers were running 6.0mp4.  Symantec wrote us a patch last night to try to fix it and I will be applying today.  Wish me luck!  Kelly Harris

The patch worked.

ISSUE: Restore of Exchange 2003 cluster to alternate client failing with "server name not found in the NetBackup configuration"

ERROR CODE/MESSAGE: Restore error 5 & "server name not found in the NetBackup configuration".

ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS: Restore via a media server of type apps_cluster after upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.5.2A.

EVIDENCE: webex, bpclntcmd troubleshooting & bprd log.

SOLUTION/WORKAROUND: Identified as a known bug in the release, provided fix (1317689_solaris.tar) to replace bprd binary.

REFERENCE: Etrack 1317689

=