Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] commited memory growth on RHEL 4 and NBU 6.5.2

2008-10-15 01:44:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] commited memory growth on RHEL 4 and NBU 6.5.2
From: Jon Bousselot <jon-bousselot AT pacbell DOT net>
To: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:32:33 -0700
I posted a question just like this back on January 7, 2008, and the
process that was gradually consuming ram was nbevtmgr.  I have NBU
running on 32 bit linux, and this process seems to consume resources
slowly, but I don't have graphs to show its progress.

Restarting NBU (all of it or just nbevtmgr) seems to fix the problem.
I just checked it now, and after 23 days, it is sitting on 2g of ram.
Restarting it fixed a lot of things related to performance, and my swap
utilization went way down.

I'm 6.5.2a.

-Jon