Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 30, Issue 17

2008-10-11 18:31:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 30, Issue 17
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 18:11:24 -0400
> I've a question if there is somewhere a manual how to setup
> and configure Netbackup 6.5.1with VCB 1.1
>
> Information about my setup :
>
> Netbackup 6.5.1 installed on a Solaris ( Unix Box )
> VCB proxy Server on a separate Windows 2003 R2 Sp2 Machine.
>
> The only manuals I find are based on Netbackup installed on a
> windows OS, with VCB on the netbackup server also, but I need
> a document which explains how to configure netbackup on a
> Unix GUI, and VCB on a separate Windows box.

Do you have the documentation update manual for 6.5.2; it has a fair
amount of VMware
 configuration information in it which may also help you at 6.5.1:

Find and download the manual:
support.veritas.com
        NetBackup Enterprise Server
                Documentation
                        Version:  6.5.2
                                Veritas NetBackup 6.5.2 Documentation
Updates

which is

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Serv
er/302438.pdf

The instructions in How to configure and use NetBackup for VMware |
Configure NetBackup | Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware start out
with telling you how to use the java interface:

        1 Start the NetBackup Administration Console:
          On UNIX, enter: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jnbSA &