Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.2A Sol10 x86 bpdbm issue

2008-10-08 15:09:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.2A Sol10 x86 bpdbm issue
From: swormley <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 14:31:31 -0400
We have a Solaris 10 x86 master server(formerly Sol 9 Sparc) which is unable to
backup our largest filesystem(7TB, 180 million files) over NDMP.

It appears that bpdbm is hitting a 4GB limit of some kind because the backup is
failing with the following error in the bpdbm log:

21:36:38.010 [6084] <32> add_files: File: nbe_cat_ImgNameSector.cpp Line: 201:
invalid offset, Function: NBE_Cat_Name_Sector::getName

I'm attempting a backup with a similar number of files not using NDMP to see if
it's an NDMP issue. Also we moved the catalog to ZFS for the new master server
so I'm also trying the same backup on a UFS catalog.

So, has anyone else had any issues with huge single catalog files on Sol 10x86
or just with a ZFS catalog?

Thanks,
-Steve