Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU cross-site

2008-10-07 17:58:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU cross-site
From: "Andrew White" <adwhite AT inchix DOT net>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:44:08 +1100
I agree with Ed,

I have media servers scattered around the entire country without any issues.....

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 3:56 PM, spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
Second, I wouldn't run master/media servers across a WAN; especially since NOM has the ability to manage multiple Master servers from a centralized console.  If you lose the WAN, you done and all you backups fail.

I disagree - we have media servers scattered in multiple locations connected to our main master and it's been working fine for a long time.  Simply put, don't lose the WAN - we have redundant paths to all of our locations with media servers.  If we lose WAN connectivity to our remote offices, they're in a world of hurt anyway and backups are the least of their problems.

--
.../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org