Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] IMAGE DB Client List

2008-10-07 07:27:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] IMAGE DB Client List
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 06:08:47 -0400
> Thanks for the response but what I am looking for is a
> listing of all the client names that are still in the
> Image.db that have been decommissioned from our environment.
> So they are no longer in any of our active or inactive
> policies but because we backed them up within the last year
> should still have information regarding that server in the database.

All the clients in the image database (may not have any valid images,
but did at one time):
        ls /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images > /tmp/dbclients

All clients in current policies, active or not (may not have an image
directory if they haven't been backed up yet):
        /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplclients -allunique -l |
cut -d" " -f2 > /tmp/policyclients

Difference:
        diff /tmp/dbclients /tmp/policyclients