Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU cross-site

2008-10-05 04:09:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU cross-site
From: Mark Steel <mark AT steelfamily DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 08:54:48 +0100
hi

its probably about 10 TB per site per night, 200 clients each site,
oracle is the main data source, most will be SAN based.
There are a small number (<20) apps at RPO/RTO= near zero, which are
cross site clustered, most other HA/DR is 4hrs, and backup needs to be
one of the HA apps because of the potential requirements to recover
other apps, also that apps might move from prod one site to prod at
the other site and we need to track backups. Pipe is 2 x 10GBE,
business is telecoms.

Essentially i want these two sites to act as one site.

regards
mark