Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU cross-site

2008-10-02 18:08:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU cross-site
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 17:57:41 -0400
If you can only aford one master, I wouldn't cluster it across the WAN.  If
your link goes down and both nodes start acting as the primary node, you'll
never get them back in sync without blowing away something valuable on one or
the other.  Also, I don't think NetBackup masters are supported in an
Active/Active envorment.  Pulse I'm not sure how that will work for the catalog
information.  It would have to be replicated between sites somehow anyway.

Keep your master at once site, and the media server at the other site, then
send your tapes from the one to the other for DR purposes.  If you lose the
master, you?ll have to rebuilt it at the other site.