Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN Catalog restore slow and failing.

2008-10-02 15:53:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN Catalog restore slow and failing.
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:27:40 -0400
Has anyone had issues with their SAN catalog backups going slow, and have a
solution for it?

We do Hot Catalog Backups inline to tape (off-site - copy 1) and disk (on-site
- copy 2).  We are now testing the restorability of the on-site SAN based copy,
and are having issues with it going slow (6 hours vs.. 2 hours from tape) and
then failing at the end; where it's trying to find the tapes used during the
same backup.

Why would it want to tapes when we are trying to restore from the disk copy?
We even removed all the tape information from the DR file.  Why would it be
running so slow?

We are using 6.5.2 on Solaris 9.  Any help would be appreciated...