Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Legato vs. NetBackup

2008-10-01 16:42:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Legato vs. NetBackup
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 15:11:43 -0500
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:16 PM, BeDour, Wayne <WBedour AT lear DOT com> wrote:

EMC has grabbed my managers ear and wants to demo Legato.  We've been running NetBackup since 3.4 and I'm in no hurry to change.  Anyone out there with any Legato vs. NetBackup thoughts?

Ask your manager if he's willing to purchase a new robot, all new backup servers, and licenses for all of your clients, and discard all of your old backup tapes.

Unless NetBackup is really, really broken for you, you're kind of locked in.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org