Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU catalog backups hot vs cold

2008-09-30 12:37:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU catalog backups hot vs cold
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:58:47 +0100
Thanks guys. Some good responses there and yes i can now see why its a
good idea and extremely useful for people who don't have down time.

My systems are not large enough for me to hit that problem thankfully
and so it hasn't been a requirement of mine as yet.

I think what i am best doing is enabling hot backups but to run during
the day when i can assume most of the jobs have finished. If a job is
still running the information for that will be backed up on the next
catalogue hot backup, which while will leave me exposed should
everything hit the fan before this second hot backup has ran, will still
leave me with the majority of good images.

Cheers