Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpdbm -consistency 2

2008-09-29 12:41:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpdbm -consistency 2
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: "Clooney, David" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:04:31 -0500

Alternatively, you could run the Symantec NBCC script (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/294900.htm which has an updated link, but the link is bad), or you can run these three commands:
bpimmedia
bpmedia -ls
vmquery -a

and output them to text files. Open a case and send that to Symantec who will run it through their parser and will return to you some files to review and run to fix the problems. Let them do the tedious work for you! Of course, you ultimately want to check the system when it's quiet, but you may not be able to do that. Note, I have never run the NBCC script so I don't know how intensive it is or how long it will take.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

"Clooney, David" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

09/29/2008 05:56 AM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] bpdbm -consistency 2

Hi All

Its been a while, was pulled out to work on some other SAN related tasks however a NBU 6.5.1 from 5.1MP6 upgrade has fallen on my plate.

Quick Q, does anyone know what strings I can search for, for errors that need fixing before upgrading if I push the

Bpdm –consistency 2 , report out to a file, this catalog is huge and to look at all of it would take me forever and a day.

Much appreciated

Hope you are all well

Dave

Notice to recipient:
The information in this internet e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee please notify the sender immediately by telephone. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

When addressed to external clients any opinions or advice contained in this internet e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing terms of business or client engagement letter issued by the pertinent Bank of America group entity.

If this email originates from the U.K. please note that Bank of America, N.A., London Branch and Banc of America Securities Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.  For all U.K. corporate disclosures, please refer to
www.bankofamerica.com/ukcompanies