Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU catalog backups hot vs cold

2008-09-25 13:38:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU catalog backups hot vs cold
From: "Preston, Doug" <dpreston AT landam DOT com>
To: <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:07:59 -0400
For me it is a lot better as I have backups and vaulting that run almost
24/7.  My master server has approx 1.5 hours of idle time per day since
moving to 6.x and doing hot backups.  My cold catalog backups pre 6.x
were running 3+ hours.  That means that 1.5 hours worth of backups x 14
drives doing backups was costing me a lot of backup time missed  21 tape
movement hours lost using cold backups.

Doug Preston