Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape Ejection Through Command Line

2008-09-15 15:05:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape Ejection Through Command Line
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>, <alex.wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:39:52 -0400
Well you definitely can do the rewind/unload with mt commands but as
another poster already mentioned you'd then want to use robtest to move
it from the drive to cap slot/exit port or to a storage slot.  If you
have to use robtest anyway why not use the "unload" feature of robtest
which will cause it to rewind/unload then you can use the move it with
robtest while you're there.

There are however occasions I've seen that an mt (or st depending on
UNIX flavor) command has worked for the rewind/unload when robtest
hasn't.  I saw it a lot more on Solaris than on HP-UX.

Even after all the above your inventory is out of whack - you need to
remember to go in and updated NetBackup inventory to reflect the fact
the tape is no longer where NBU thinks it is.