Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Disk Staging Area Problem

2008-09-11 03:43:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Disk Staging Area Problem
From: mbrogan <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 03:25:12 -0400
I apologise if I haven't made myself understood, I'm fairly new to this and
have been dropped in at the deep end.

The Array, Master Media Server and File Servers are all within the same rack,
connected via a Fibre Channel to each other as well as copper to the rest of
the domain.
The old SAN that can see and use the Disk Staging Areas is on the domain but
not connected via the Fibre Channel and in another area.

The old SAN is eventually to be retired as it's well past it's sell by date.

Jim H, I understand what your saying about backups over the network twice but
as the backups are done out of hours and during a period of low network
activity it shouldn't be too much of an issue.