Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error while transfering clients in Netbackup Pro 3.51.30

2008-09-09 16:43:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error while transfering clients in Netbackup Pro 3.51.30
From: akitafan <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 16:22:44 -0400
We are attempting to transfer clients from our old server running 3.51.30 on
win2k to our new server running 3.51.30 on win2k3, both servers are on a domain
on the same subnet.  We can transfer clients on the same subnet successfully,
the client has the little yellow arrow signifying it has been transfered.  When
we try to transfer a client on a different subnet from the old server to the
new server the transfer fails giving the following message: Transfer failed.
Server returned e0049006.  When we look at the client list for the new server
it does show up, the registry on the client has the new server name but the old
server IP address, on the old server the client does not have the little yellow
arrow signifying it has been transfered.

Authentication on the server is set to NT Authentication and we allow any
Netbackup Professional to control the clients.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?  Does anyone have any ideas how to get
the clients to transfer?

Thanks

Steve