Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading from NetBackup 4.5FP6 to 5.1 to 6.5

2008-09-09 13:51:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading from NetBackup 4.5FP6 to 5.1 to 6.5
From: <carrd AT ijet DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:35:21 -0400

Hello all,
Keep up the good work in sharing information and knowledge here. We are about to finally upgrade our NetBackup 4.5FP6 Solaris 8 Master and Media Servers to 5.1 then 6.5 since we were told there is no path to go directly to 6.5.  We are backing up Unix(Solaris 8 and Solaris 9) and Windows 2000 and 2003 clients. Any caveats/tips for me as I prepare for this process? I hope to have it completed by the end of this week.