Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgradering to NBU 6.5.2 soon because of Windows2008

2008-09-09 13:00:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgradering to NBU 6.5.2 soon because of Windows2008
From: "Deiter, Scott" <scottd AT HanoverDirect DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:44:11 -0400
Despite all the errors we are moving "forward" with version 6.5.2.a across the enterprise.

the latest headache is the use of window 2008 standard edition as a media server with quantum sdlt 600 tape drives.
symantec has closed the case because it is not supported. It appears that windows 2003 standard edition is not supported either.
They do support enterprise edition.

After the installation of the media server the configure device wizard fails in the "restart media manger" step after the drives are discovered

The interesting symptom is that an account in the local administrator group on these 2008 servers does not have sufficient authority to install the 6.5.2.a patch.  We had to have a domain admin install the server code and then apply the patch.  We would like to figure out how to enable the local admin or resolve the permission issues with netbackup on 2008.

Scott Deiter
System Administrator
Hanover Direct, Inc.
Hanover, PA