Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.1 upgrade

2008-09-08 15:34:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.1 upgrade
From: "Patrick" <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 20:20:17 +0100
IMHO, I would upgrade to 6.5 first, then move to the cluster. My reasoning
for this is that upgrading to 6.5 is not trivial, so the more stable the
system when you do the upgrade the smoother it should go. After that you can
move to the cluster. I should also be easier since all the pieces of the
"database" will now be on one server instead spread out all over the place
(assuming you have multiple media servers). Of course this is just my
opinion others may disagree. Either way, good luck. And don't forget NBCC,
NBCC, NBCC, NBCC then NBCC. :)

Regards,

Patrick Whelan
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for UNIX.
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for Windows.

netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk