Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Any one upgrade to Veritas Netbackup 6.5.2 yet?

2008-09-04 07:32:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Any one upgrade to Veritas Netbackup 6.5.2 yet?
From: "Deiter, Scott" <scottd AT HanoverDirect DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 07:18:35 -0400
We have upgraded from 5.1.4 to 6.5 and then .2 and then .2.a
I have never opened this many support requests with any softwhere vendor
before.

We still have two issues.
Running a solaris 9x64 master media server.
Policies at remote locations vanish.  That is the directory in
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/xxx is deleted.  I'm grateful that the
restore from tape function is still working rather well.

The creation of a media server on Windows 2008 has yet to be successful.
Permission errors caused the .2.a patch to fail, although the patch was
not installed netbackup could detect the tape drives but could not
create a storage unit on this remote media server.  I had the domain
admin reinstall the product and the patch.  Now the tape drives are not
visible to netbackup.

Scott Deiter
System Administrator
Hanover Direct, Inc.