Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage Lifecycle Policies

2008-08-28 17:43:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage Lifecycle Policies
From: Steven Stewart <steven_stewart AT ncsu DOT edu>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:27:39 -0400
I've been trying to play with a few of the newer features in 6.5 and
was looking at storage lifecycle policies.

I've been playing with a test bed of 2 RHEL 4 with netbackup 6.5.2

1)  Has anyone see the error "Intermittent connectivity lost with
server.  Please..." with creating said lifecycle policies?

2) Assuming I can ever get he ability to create them how does this
feature compare with say Vault?  Just to give you some background the
plan would be to use VTLs on site and have the images duplicate to a
remote facility over our SAN's WDM connection.

Steven

Steven Stewart
NC State University
OIT/Provisioning