Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] scheduled backups fail to launch

2008-08-28 16:19:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] scheduled backups fail to launch
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:58:56 -0500

Ed,

If I create a new policy (and obviously a new schedule) the job will always run a Monthly backup first or a Weekly or whatever Full schedule you have that contains the longest retention.  If I do what you suggested below, is it going to try to run a Full backup? If so, it will still work but I’ll wait until tomorrow when Friday’s backups would be Full backups anyway.

Thanks,
Randy