Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] job retries per client

2008-08-28 06:35:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] job retries per client
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:16:30 +0100
Guys i know there is the global attribute on the master server for n
tries within x hours ( currently set at 2 per 12 hours ) but does anyone
know if this can be tailored anywhere per client or ideally per client
and policy?

The situation is we have a bpstart script on a management box which runs
an oracle RMAN script to initiate a backup from oracle RAC back through
the netbackup oracle agent to policies configured. Within the bpstart
script i have captured the exit status from the RMAN script and if it is
other than 0 it causes bpstart script to fail so we know there has been
a problem.

What seems to have happened is there has been a fail somewhere and then
the job has ran again. This has caused a second RMAN script to run which
has caused problems.

I have increased the bpstart time out per client but i would like to be
able for it only to try a job once within 12 hours.

That possible?

Netbackup 6.0Mp4 Solaris9/10

Cheers