Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Disc Staging Area Full

2008-08-26 00:07:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Disc Staging Area Full
From: "Clausen, Matt R [EQ]" <Matthew.R.Clausen AT Embarq DOT com>
To: "'VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:52:48 -0500
It would be far better to do a catalog search for the images in question and
have netbackup expire them immediately. Manually deleting the image files (even
if they will expire in a few days) can have unintended consequences especially
for catalog consistancy. Once the images are expired, NetBackup (if you're
using 6.x anyways) should immediately launch an Image Cleanup job to delete the
expired images. If you're using NetBackup 5.x they should be deleted after
midnight (I believe that's when it does its cleanup).