Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?

2008-08-21 17:07:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?
From: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:53:25 -0400
Sure, but Dean's original post described a plan to upgrade his Win2k3 media servers AND move them into his Linux-mastered 6.5.2 environment at the same time.

My point is that he can actually go ahead and one-step that process (move in first, then upgrade once bound to the 6.5.2 master), he just has to be careful not to target the added media server with any 6.5.2 clients. (Unless what you say about disk STUs is true, but I don't believe that it is: I think that's restricted to 6.0 flat through MP2, when EMM was just new to the scene. Further back you're in full-on compat mode, and that still functions with tape.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Unix/Linux/VMware Sysadmin / Backup & Recovery