Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?

2008-08-21 12:56:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:34:53 -0400
Yeah!  Cheap shots at Symantec are reserved for those of us who have spent many
restless nights fighting Netbackup. =P

Just my .02 - Migrated several Windows 2000 5.1 environments to 6.0 MP4 and
then to 6.5.1, 6.5.2 and 6.5.2a.  Although there have been issues, I've only
had to apply one engineering binary to one environment that had an issue with
calendar backups.  Maybe I'm just lucky (or maybe Symantec doesn't test on
Non-Windows OS =P) but from my experience I think 5.1, 6.0 MP4, 6.51+ are all
stable products.

-Jonathan