Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?

2008-08-21 10:06:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
To: "List Veritas List" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:43:44 +1000
I have some interest in this topic. We are running a fairly simple, fresh, 6.5.2 install with one RHEL4 Master and one RHEL4 Media server. Things are going relatively smoothly.

But we are looking at moving our first Windows Media Server over from the old 5.1 world to the new 6.5.2 environment. This Media Sever looks after backups for an Exchange cluster and Enterprise Vault for Exchange.

6.5.2 is pretty stable for us in a Linux only environment.

But what do others think about introducing a W2K3 Media Server into the mix? 6.5.2? 6.5.1?

Any thoughts appreciated. Keep in mind this will only be a Media Server. The Master is still Linux and so far has been pretty stable (apart from a few problems that can't really be blamed on Netbackup itself).

Thanks,
Dean