Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?

2008-08-21 07:28:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:04:40 -0400
Watch out for this one with 6.5.1 on Windows:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301175.htm

Right now I'm caught between that one and the completely broken 6.5.2A -
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/305609.htm

You'd think they'd test this stuff before release by ,say, trying to run a
backup or something...

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
                - Galileo Galilei, astronomer & physicist (1564-1642)

"Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
08/20/2008 16:50

<Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>, <robert.rice AT yale DOT edu>,
<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc

Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?

We’ve been using 6.5.1 on HP-UX and other than the error messages for
vaulting it seems relatively stable.

We’ve NOT upgraded to 6.5.2 or 6.5.2a mainly due to all the issues
reported on this list.