Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BMR 6.5.2 issue with Braodcom NetXtreme II chip

2008-08-19 15:42:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BMR 6.5.2 issue with Braodcom NetXtreme II chip
From: Mike Kiles <mikekiles AT yahoo DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:25:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All

My NetBackup master server is also BMR boot server running 6.5.2 on Win 2003.

Here are the steps I have done to test BMR:

1.      On master created an SRT using “Bare Metal Restore – Boot Server
Assistant”
2.      Then followed Symantec document http://support.veritas.com/302696 to
replace b06nd.inf and b06nd51x.sys with same files from version 4.4.0
3.      Remove 4 files as per above document (We have HP NC373i adapter)
4.      Run a full backup on client with BMR collection enabled
5.      Prepare client for Restore using NetBackup Administration Console
6.      Boot client, hit F12 to boot from network
7.      Client talks to master and loads the BMR image
8.      Then it starts BMR GUI and bombs out at “Failed to install network
driver – check WINBOM”
9.      Then I created a bootable CDROM and tried the same thing, again it
boots from CD, loads BMR image and bombs out again, with same message

Has any body else encountered it? It looks like exactly same message as
documented in http://support.veritas.com/302696 but the workaround is not
working for me. Any body got this working? Any tips?

TIA