Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup on RedHat Entr. or windows server 2003?

2008-08-15 15:51:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup on RedHat Entr. or windows server 2003?
From: "Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:37:02 -0400
My reality is simple, 120 windows boxes, 45 RH linux. Because you can
push client software to clients with the same OS as the master server I
find having a windows box a lot less work. If you had more linux clients
then....

I also find configuring the windows clients much easier since everything
you can configure is in the gui, not so with linux, lots of file
editing.

I also despise java, which is the gui de jour in NBU outside of windows.

As far as moving on, from what I can tell from the forum most NIX sites
tend to be solaris rather than linux. That may change, maybe.

dds