Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to backup recursively a folder ?

2008-08-13 17:06:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to backup recursively a folder ?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:52:57 -0500
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:51 PM, <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com> wrote:
6.5.2a (and 6.5.2) is brain damanged software. A very bad release and
I've been fighting several issues with it.

We had to install an nbpem EEB but since that was installed, it's been working fine for us.  We run about 2500 jobs per day on a Solaris master server with nearly a dozen media servers.  It may not have been a perfect release for everybody at release date, but it's a far cry from "a very bad release".

I suggest you revert, if you can, and if not contact Veritas support.

I disagree with this advice.  Your first action should be to contact Support.  If they can't help you move forward, THEN consider reverting.  Don't blindly revert, first because it's harder than it looks, and secondly, there may be some data you need to capture to send to Symantec so that they can fix any possible bugs you're experiencing.  You don't want to get bitten by the same thing next time you upgrade and there's no guarantee that somebody else will work with Symantec it to get it fixed.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org