Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows2003 backup running slowly

2008-08-05 03:29:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows2003 backup running slowly
From: "Jenner, Steven" <Steven.Jenner AT Intl.Telstra DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:11:32 +0100

Hi,

Recently one of the Windows2003 servers that I back up has started to run very slowly (under 50KB per second). I have checked the duplex settings on both the client and the switch and both are set at 100MB/full duplex.

Checking the client server all settings look OK and the customer confirms nothing has changed on the server. I have checked the server whilst backups are running and it is under little load and the network card that the backup system connects to is dedicated for backup traffic only. Other servers within the customer’s solution on the same network are backing up OK so I am pretty sure the issue is with the client.

Has anyone seen similar issues or have any suggestions on additional things to check?

The clients and NetBackup servers are all running version 5.1.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.