Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ZFS Filesystem Backups - Tips and tricks

2008-08-03 21:59:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ZFS Filesystem Backups - Tips and tricks
From: mdglazerman <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:43:43 -0400
Marion,

We are running ZFS on NBU 6.5.1.  We had some of the ZFS stuff in place prior
to our move from 6.0MP4 so maybe it was working until we upgraded in May.
However, The retention policies on all of our data (nothing kept for longer
than 2 months) means that any backups we could have looked at to test this
theory have already expired.

The good news is that the workaround that we put in place appears to be working
so the data residing on the ZFS filesystems is now backed up and we can all
sleep a little better. This issue just wasn't something that we even thought
about.

Mark