Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Disable alternate client restores

2008-07-31 09:22:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Disable alternate client restores
From: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: ken_zufall AT goodyear DOT com, "veritas-BU" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:44:37 -0400
Enable client-side encryption (and compression) for all clients. Create a unique key on each client, and make the administrator(s) of that client responsible for maintaining their key (and a backup at least of its passphrase through ANOTHER means). Exclude the key data from backups.

All of those are client-side configurations.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Unix/Linux/VMware Sysadmin / Backup & Recovery