Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disable alternate client restores

2008-07-30 19:17:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disable alternate client restores
From: ken_zufall AT goodyear DOT com
To: "veritas-BU" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:38:10 -0400

Running 6.5.1, have been asked if it's possible to restrict the Master server from restoring a particular client's images to alternate clients.  I know we can restrict one client from restoring another client's data; I know I can prevent the Master from writing to a particular client.  What I haven't been able to determine is if I can keep the Master from writing clientA's data to clientB.

Thanks,

Ken Zufall
Technical Analyst
D660C