Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Non Cluster failover

2008-07-28 10:17:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Non Cluster failover
From: "Marelas, Peter" <Peter.Marelas AT team.telstra DOT com>
To: "Matthews, Gary (GSD UK Production Services business)" <gary.b.matthews AT logica DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:54:32 +1000
Start with reverse engineering the cluster config scripts that NetBackup uses to setup the Master in a clustered environment.

You will want to use a CNAME entry for any systems that reference services running on the Master. That way in the event of DR you can change the CNAME to point to the DR hostname. Similarly, you will need to add the real DR hostname to the client and media server configurations to enable the DR host to initiate connections and authenticate as required.

Regards
Peter Marelas