Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] VXSS help required

2008-07-28 04:23:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] VXSS help required
From: "JC Cheney" <joseph_cheney AT symantec DOT com>
To: "Abhishek Dhingra1" <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 09:06:16 +0100

Not entirely accurate; from 5.1 the code was modified so that “in most cases” fqdn was no longer required when defining ab’s and machine names. However when you use the unixpwd plugin it still requires that you use a fqdn when you define the domain that will be used for authentication.

It is possible in some cases that this is not true but in this scenario there’s no dns, no fqdn’s in the /etc/hosts file…