Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.5.2 & 6.5.2A BEWARE!!!

2008-07-26 00:14:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.2 & 6.5.2A BEWARE!!!
From: "Haskins, Steve" <Steve.Haskins AT bannerhealth DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:02:38 -0700

All; especially Windows Netbackup admins,

  I upgraded my Windows test Netbackup 6.5.1 environment  to 6.5.2 then 6.5.2A. Problem with 6.5.2 in Downing a drive in that it would down the wrong drive. 6.5.2A no problem (test environment again).

 I upgraded my production environment this past week from 6.5.1 to 6.5.2A and PEM would not start so obviously scheduled backups would not start and I had to roll back to 6.5.1 which was painful. Two media servers I had to uninstall/reinstall Netbackup server software and reconfigure.

  Found one case on the web where another peer had the same problem. I opened a case with Symantec and they strongly advised me to not install 6.5.2 and just wait for 6.5.3. this fall instead of trying to correct 6.5.2A. As reported to me the main fixes in 6.5.2A were to resolve admin console issues which I have experienced.

FYI, if you get an error message stating to close all processes and try again when updating or rolling back a MP rename the Netbackup.dll in the                                   %installpath%\Netbackup\Bin folder as long as no other processes besides standard Netbackup services are running.

Regards