Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RMAN issues with NetBackup 5.1 MP6

2008-07-25 05:59:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RMAN issues with NetBackup 5.1 MP6
From: "WALLEBROEK Bart" <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:37:12 +0200
Yesterday we had an issues with an rman backup started on an Oracle
server which opened a connection towards NetBackup to take care of it.
However because the Oracle server was not known (not able to resolve) by
the Master Server it never returned anything to this Oracle server.
Rman apparently did not timeed out and the process (rman) was killed
manually on the Oracle server.  This however crashed the Oracle db
somehow.

Is this something that sounds familiar ?  After contact with Oracle
support they blame NetBackup (off course) (I honestly do not see why but
ok).

Best Regards,

Bart WALLEBROEK