Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Manager discrepancies

2008-07-23 19:21:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Manager discrepancies
From: Henry Seitz <csc_gdls_nbu AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:08:32 -0400
Hello all,

I recently got posted to a new account that uses NBU 5.1, with the intention of upgrading to 6.5.  So I set into the painful task of cleaning up Media Manager problems, and I've got a couple of issues...

To start, I've got about 200 volumes with infinite retention (stored off-site) that are assigned to media servers that no longer exist.  My intention was to reassign the tapes to the master using the bpmedia -movedb command, but it doesn't seem to be working.  Is there a way to reassign these tapes without completely recreating the old media server?

My other issue is really bizarre.  I reassigned a tape from an existing media server, and double-checked the images on the media from the GUI to verify that it processed okay.  In the list of images, there was a reference to a different tape made with a different media server.  However, the tape referenced does not exist in the Media Manager.  I tried entering it in the images on media report from the GUI, and sure enough, it lists some backups from a few years ago.  Does anyone know why this may have disappeared from the Media Manager and how to get it back?  I could enter it manually, but I don't know if doing that would overwrite the information about the images that seems to be stored in the catalog somewhere...

Thanks,
Henry