Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NOM performance/resources requirements

2008-07-18 15:00:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NOM performance/resources requirements
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:42:38 -0400
I know Symantec recommend NOM be on its own server, but is that really
essential?

If I have a big enough Master Server, and I'm not too concerned about security,
are there any other reasons why NOM (and all its pre-requisites) couldn't be
installed on the Master Server?

I've got 1 large environment, and 4 small international sites I want to monitor
with it.

Currently I'm testing it out on a development machine that's likely going to
get re-loaded soon.  I need a more permanent place for it, but don't have any
extra servers lying around.