Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unable to write to both drives

2008-07-16 02:06:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unable to write to both drives
From: "Honeybrook, Kate" <Kate.Honeybrook AT thalesgroup.com DOT au>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:45:13 +1000

Hi All,

We are having a problem with our tape drive since the library was replaced and Symantec haven’t been able to provide much assistance. We are running netbackup 6.5 on a windows master server and separate windows media server. Basically our robot died, so they replaced it but left the same tape drives in the library. We have configured netbackup to pick up the new library, and it still sees the existing drives. We can see all drives using the tpconfig –d. Our problem occurs when we try and run multiple jobs, it wont write to both libraries. The jobs wait with:

requesting resource gisvw-granite.cs.adi-limited.com.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS

requesting resource gisvw-granite.cs.adi-limited.com.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS

awaiting resource NDMP-Backup-Storage-Group - Maximum job count has been reached for the storage unit

We have been on the phone to Symantec for some time trying to get these working, but there suggestions have not helped at all. Our storage unit is configured to use 2 concurrent drives. However it wont use both drives. We have tested and it can write to each drive individually but not both at the same time.

If anyone has any suggestions on what we could do they would be greatly appreciated.

Kate Honeybrook
Systems Administrator

DISCLAIMER:--------------------------------------------------------------------------- This e-mail transmission and any documents, files and previous e-mail messages attached to it are private and confidential. They may contain proprietary or copyright material or information that is subject to legal professional privilege. They are for the use of the intended recipient only. Any unauthorised viewing, use, disclosure, copying, alteration, storage or distribution of, or reliance on, this message is strictly prohibited. No part may be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written permission of the owner. If you have received this transmission in error, or are not an authorised recipient, please immediately notify the sender by return email, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system, and destroy any printed copies. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient should not be deemed a waiver of any privilege or protection. Thales Australia does not warrant or represent that this e-mail or any documents, files and previous e-mail messages attached are error or virus free. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------