Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Compression of catalog images

2008-07-16 01:54:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Compression of catalog images
From: Abhishek Dhingra1 <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:07:55 +0530

Hi All,

   We are using Netbackup 6.0 MP5, our netbackup catalog is around 300 GB and more are  Infinite retention backups. I am Planning of compressing the images , Need to know if any one of you using this feature, how much feasible is compressing the images and pros and cons of the same.

Also want to know the steps in performing the compression.

Abhishek Dhingra

IBM Global Services, Delhi,
Email : abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com
Mobile : +91-9818675370