Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5.1 using VCB and Mapped FullVM (Option 2)

2008-07-13 21:33:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5.1 using VCB and Mapped FullVM (Option 2)
From: "Brian Blake" <bblake AT datalink DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:20:16 -0500
Juan-

I believe this is a limitation with VCB. Only one snapshot from a given
datastore can occur at a time. NetBackup will still attempt to run both
of them (hence they would be running in Activity Monitor), but
vcbmounter has to wait until the other job releases the snapshot before
the second job can start the snapshot. I think the only way around it is
to schedule multiple jobs from multiple datastores at the same time, and
then the jobs on the same datastore have to run sequentially.

Check out this technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/296234

Also check out Symantec's config guide for VCB:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/293350

Regards,

Brian

--