Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Content Indexing Server Error

2008-07-09 15:37:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Content Indexing Server Error
From: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
To: "Jimenez, Daniel" <Daniel.Jimenez AT imb DOT com>, Veritas List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:13:05 -0700
This condition is produced when Netbackup attempts to backup the catalog indexes but can't because the Catalog index service is disabled.

But rather than enable the Catalog Index service on all our Windows clients as the technote article recommends, we were able to solve the problem by deleting the default catalogs instead.  The indexing service is still disabled but now there's nothing to backup so Netbackup is happy.  Note: The warning message you are seeing has nothing to do with files within the Inetpub directory; it is only complaining about the catalog indexes (which are not necessary to recover your web sites).  If you delete the default catalogs, the warning message goes away.

Here are some articles that detail how to delete the default catalogs:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317586

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Working-With-Windows-Server-2003-Indexing-Service.html

-Neil