Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Size of catalog DR emails

2008-06-28 13:05:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Size of catalog DR emails
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:39:38 -0500

We have been having some ongoing issues with our catalog backups since upgrading to 6.5.2, both the catalogs failing (status 2) and the catalog emails randomly stopping and starting for no apparent reason.

This morning I was looking at the catalog emails which include the attached DR document which lists the images and locations etc… and I discovered something that is a little worrying.  This morning’s emails (including the attachment) were 11k in size.  Yesterdays emails including the same attachment were over 600k.  When I look at the attachments they show very little in the way of information where as the 600k ones have long lists of images needed for a successful catalog restore.

I understand that these attached files change in size from day to day but apart from catalog backups that have failed (which produce a 3k file), 99% of our other catalog emails are at least 100k and range up to 600k.  Should I be concerned that they have so suddenly reduced in size or is this something that others have seen before in their own catalogs ?

Thanks in advance

Mark Glazerman

Enterprise Storage Administrator

Spartech Corporation

Desk: 314-889-8282

Fax: 314-854-8282

Cell: 618-520-3401

mark.glazerman AT spartech DOT com

http://www.spartech.com

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, are intended solely for the use of the addressee, and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, and do not copy or forward it.