Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Removing Retired backup clients.....

2008-06-24 14:08:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Removing Retired backup clients.....
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: "Stuart Liddle" <stuart.liddle AT glasshouse DOT com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:42:23 -0500

bpcl* is gone in 6.x

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

"Stuart Liddle" <stuart.liddle AT glasshouse DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

06/20/2008 04:58 PM

"Shyam Hazari" <shazari AT gmail DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Removing Retired backup clients.....

Ummmm….actually, the command is:

bpplclients <policyname> -delete <clientname>

the naming of the CLI commands was changed to reflect the change from “Class” to “Policy”.  So, all of the bpclxxx commands are now bpplxxx, but both versions were available to use up until 5.1, I think.  I have not seen whether the bpclxxx version is available in 6.x, but Symantec did tell everyone that the old versions were going away.