Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Ad-hoc NDMP backups?

2008-06-12 12:01:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Ad-hoc NDMP backups?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:34:28 +0000
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 09:17:15PM -0700, Jon Bousselot wrote:
> I do this all the time.
>
> Create a policy as you would normally, but instead of properly defining
> a schedule, give it no hours during any day to run, and make it calendar
> based with a run day selected from a day two or three weeks ago.  (like
> June 1, 2008)  Any time you need to run it, just do a manual backup.
> Since it has no backup window, and the calendar day is permanently in
> the past, it will never start automatically.

Thanks.  That's what I do now.  It just means that I have to specify all
the information (NDMP host, backup path) in the policy, then fire the
policy.  It seems like I should be able to give that to a backup command
to reduce the complexity.  (It would be easier than dealing with
bpplclients and bpplinclude..)

I think I'll have to script it to give the illusion of one.  :-)

--
Darren