Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Ad-hoc NDMP backups?

2008-06-12 01:34:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Ad-hoc NDMP backups?
From: Jon Bousselot <jon-bousselot AT pacbell DOT net>
To: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:17:15 -0700
I do this all the time.

Create a policy as you would normally, but instead of properly defining
a schedule, give it no hours during any day to run, and make it calendar
based with a run day selected from a day two or three weeks ago.  (like
June 1, 2008)  Any time you need to run it, just do a manual backup.
Since it has no backup window, and the calendar day is permanently in
the past, it will never start automatically.

-Jon