Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Moving client into the newly created class

2008-06-10 20:02:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Moving client into the newly created class
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:47:55 +0000
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 05:34:40PM -0400, Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy wrote:
> Dear All,
> Will NetBackup remove information about client's backup from its
> database when I move client into the newly created class?

No.  Even if you delete classes or clients, the backup information is
retained.

> Will it treat the same client in the new class as new?

Depends what you mean as new.  Backups in each class are independent.
So each class has to have it's own "full" backup run that the
incrementals will be based on.  (unless you have a windows client that's
using the archive bit).

--
Darren